Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Osidon in association with Discovery is merging, accounting, tax, payroll, insurance, advisory and banking into a new next generation all-inclusive financial industry, we call this Finance 2.0
Osidon has been at the forefront of innovation and disruption in the accounting, payroll, tax and industries for the past 5 years and with the support of Discovery we committed to build Finance 2.0 where the client and our staff are the biggest winners. Using the latest cloud and AI technology, we are completely reshaping how financial services are being delivered. For this venture we require the services of a new breed of Financial Professional that will be the face of this next generation industry.
This opportunity is for you if:
• You believe you have what it takes to help build the future of the financial industry and play your part in Finance 2.0,
• You want to be at the forefront of our new ever changing modern world,
We are looking for a permanent, full time React developer in our Development Department.
Qualifications and General:
- National Senior Certificate;
- A tertiary qualification or completed courses in Computer Science, IT, Programming or Equivalent Qualifications;
- Own reliable transport;
- Clear Criminal Record.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a developer using the React framework.
- Experience with Redux or other state management libraries will be an advantage.
- Experience with React Native will be an advantage.
- Experience with development using Django and/or Django REST Framework will be an advantage.
- Experience with AWS/Azure will be an advantage.
- Outstanding mathematical and analytical skills;
- Proficient and comfortable in using React;
- Comfortable writing unit tests;
- Highly organised;
- Capable of solving complex system development issues;
- Innovative thinker;
- Detail-oriented with a technical mindset;
- Able to work effectively under pressure;
- Self-driven, capable of working independently;
- Strong professional work ethics and behaviour;
- Efficient in implementing instructions;
- Adaptable to change;
- Focused on quality and accuracy;
- Excellent English language and communication skills;
- Able to work collaboratively in a team;
- Adept at learning new skills;
- Committed to maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Upon successful application, your responsibilities will be:
- Developing software for both internal use by Osidon and its clients;
- Playing a pivotal role in designing exemplary systems to revolutionise accounting, tax, payroll, and financial advisory practices globally;
- Reporting to the Head of the Development Department;
- Working within a team that boasts advanced industry knowledge and experience.
The job offer will include a competitive salary + benefits.
If you believe you are the right person for the position, please apply for this opportunity on this page by submitting your CV and supporting documents (cover letter, relevant qualifications and certified copy of ID) in PDF format. Please ensure that you have read all the requirements carefully.Candidates will be contacted for an interview and testing process. Should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.