Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Osidon in association with Discovery is merging, accounting, tax, payroll, insurance, advisory and banking into a new next generation all inclusive financial industry, we call this Finance 2.0
Osidon has been at the forefront of innovation and disruption in the accounting, payroll, tax and industries for the past 5 years and with the support of Discovery we committed to build Finance 2.0 where the client and our staff are the biggest winners. Using the latest cloud and AI technology, we are completely reshaping how financial services are being delivered. For this venture we require the services of a new breed of Financial Professional that will be the face of this next generation industry.
This opportunity is for you if:
• You believe you have what it takes to help build the future of the financial industry and play your part in Finance 2.0,
• You want to be at the forefront of our new ever changing modern world,
We are looking for a permanent, full time Python developer in our Development Department.
Qualifications and General:
- National Senior Certificate;
- A tertiary qualification or completed courses in Computer Science, IT, Programming or Equivalent Qualifications;
- Own reliable transport;
- Clear Criminal Record.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a developer using the Python.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a developer using the Django Web Framework will be beneficial.
- Experience with Django REST Framework will be an advantage.
- Experience with development using React and/or React Native will be an advantage.
- Experience with AWS/Azure will be an advantage.
- Must have excellent mathematical and analytical skills;
- Experienced and comfortable using Django will be beneficial;
- Should be comfortable writing tests;
- Must be well organised;
- Be able to solve complex system development issues;
- Be a creative thinker;
- Have a keen eye for technical detail;
- Must be able to work under pressure;
- Be able to work independently;
- Uphold professional work ethics and behaviour at all times;
- Should be able to implement instructions effectively;
- Must be comfortable adapting to change;
- Be focused on quality and accuracy;
- Good English language and communication skills;
- Must be able to work effectively in a team;
- Be trustworthy;
- Ability to work independently;
- Self-learner and enjoys learning new skills;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
If your application is successful you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will be developing software to be implemented and used by Osidon Internally and by Osidon’s clients;
- You will play a vital role in creating benchmark systems to positively change the way accounting, tax, payroll and financial advisory is done in the world;
- You will report to the Head of the Development Department;
- You will have the support of a team that has advanced knowledge and experience in the industry.
The job offer will include a competitive salary + benefits.
If you believe you are the right person for the position, please apply for this opportunity on this page by submitting your CV and supporting documents (cover letter, relevant qualifications and certified copy of ID) in PDF format. Please ensure that you have read all the requirements carefully.
Candidates will be contacted for an interview and testing process. Should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.